… for a fish skirt!
A friend gave me this cotton months ago, expecting that I might make a shower curtain or something similar out of it. But me being, well, me, I made a second Estuary instead.
We had quite a decent heavy snowfall going on, so I chose to stay in on New Year’s Eve and sew, instead. I worked on the skirt for a few hours then left the button-sewing for the morning, because ugh, button-sewing. I’m not a fan of sewing by hand, unfortunately, and my buttons never end up as perfect as I want them to be.
I had a bit of trouble with the skirt this time around but that was absolutely my own fault – somehow ended up sewing the wrong sides of things together more than once. Oops. That’s what happens, I guess, when I sew while distracted.
I went with the inseam pocket option this time, and I like it a lot because it’s attached at both the top and sides so the pockets don’t sag.
The fabric has a bit more body than the cotton I used for the last so it puffs out more around the waist and hem. It’s a big, ridiculous print and I love it to bits, honestly. I’ll probably wear it to work tomorrow.