Fringe, Again

A springlike Fringe for a very much non-springlike month. Fabric is seersucker that was given to me; I wasn’t 100% thrilled with the pattern on it but I think it looks decently cute as this dress. I paired it with black leggings and a black cardigan for work – could have worn tights, I suppose, but I have none that aren’t black, so.

Really need to get some coloured tights for winter dress-wearing. Otherwise it’s all black leggings all the time.

This is my… hmm… fifth Fringe? No, wait, sixth. I’ve made the top four times and the dress twice, and I wear them regularly. I’d like to try a long sleeve hack one of these days; might work, might not work, but it would be nice for the colder months.

So I started a Sienna Maker jacket in pink corduroy a few days ago – all that’s left is to attach the second sleeve and hem the bottom, but I’m dragging my feet because I’ve tried it on and, somehow, it’s huge. It looks terrible on me. I think I may pass it on if I can find someone to pass it to. Losing the hours of labour sucks, but at least the fabric was a dollar a metre so I’m not losing much there.

I made a 24 graded to a 26 at the hip as per my body measurements (I’d never made a jacket before so I tried to trust those) but, taking a look at body measurements in comparison to finished size, next attempt will be an 18 graded to a 22. Quite a difference. It’ll be rather slim-fit and I won’t be able to wear a bulky sweater underneath it, but I’m fine with that.

It’s a fine day…

… for a fish skirt!

A friend gave me this cotton months ago, expecting that I might make a shower curtain or something similar out of it. But me being, well, me, I made a second Estuary instead.

We had quite a decent heavy snowfall going on, so I chose to stay in on New Year’s Eve and sew, instead. I worked on the skirt for a few hours then left the button-sewing for the morning, because ugh, button-sewing. I’m not a fan of sewing by hand, unfortunately, and my buttons never end up as perfect as I want them to be.

I had a bit of trouble with the skirt this time around but that was absolutely my own fault – somehow ended up sewing the wrong sides of things together more than once. Oops. That’s what happens, I guess, when I sew while distracted.

I went with the inseam pocket option this time, and I like it a lot because it’s attached at both the top and sides so the pockets don’t sag.

The fabric has a bit more body than the cotton I used for the last so it puffs out more around the waist and hem. It’s a big, ridiculous print and I love it to bits, honestly. I’ll probably wear it to work tomorrow.